Home : Brushy Creek News

2/2/2023 - Downed Tree Limbs & Power Lines **Posted on 2/2/23** **Updated 3/2/23**

**UPDATED ON 3/2 AT 1:30 PM**

Downed Tree Limbs or Power Lines in the Brushy Creek MUD? Here's what to do: 

Several Brushy Creek MUD residents woke up to downed tree limbs due to ice accumulation from the ongoing winter storm, and Oncor’s Storm Center is reporting scattered power outages. Here’s some helpful information about what to do in the case of a downed tree limb or power line:

Downed Tree Limbs- Any fallen trees on private property are the responsibility of the property owner. 

The following services are available, which can be used by residents following this storm event: 

Option 1: As part of the District’s contract with Texas Disposal Systems, residents can place up to 6 bags or bundles free of charge next to their garbage container along the curb on their trash pickup day. Brush must be bundled with string/twine (other materials not accepted), and each bundle must be less than 35 pounds and not to exceed 4 feet in length. Limbs within the bundle must be no more than 4 inches in diameter. Please note that TDS is running on a delayed schedule due to the ice storm.

Option 2: Residents can schedule a curbside bulk pickup through the Online Service Request Form. Residents can schedule two bulk pick-ups per calendar year. Each bulk pick-up is about 21 bundles. Brush must be bundled with string/twine, and each bundle must be less than 35 pounds. Limbs within the bundle must be no more than 4 inches in diameter. Brush must also be piled along the curb.

Option 3: Residents can use TDS Georgetown, located at 250 W.L. Walden Road, Georgetown, Texas, 78626. The pricing (subject to change) is $8.25 per cubic yard (pick- up truck bed is 1 cby). For more information and locations, please visit: https://www.texasdisposal.com/dropoff-locations/

Option 4: Residents can take their debris to the Williamson County Landfill located at 600 Landfill Road Hutto, Texas 78634. There is a flat rate fee with a price subject to change (please check the location website for price updates) and an additional charge for anything over 1 ton. Williamson County Landfill requires that all loads are covered with a tarp, any load that is not covered with a tarp will be subjected to a $25 fine. For more information please visit Williamson County Landfill, or call 512-749-8881.

Option 5: Brushy Creek is part of an unincorporated area of Williamson County. Per Williamson County's website, you may burn brush if it is not against your deed restrictions. Please check with your Emergency Service District (ESD) to see if you need a permit. A list of ESD phone numbers is available here. Please call and report your control burn to Williamson County Communications at (512) 864-8282. Williamson County Communications should be able to inform you of any burning restrictions that Williamson County Communications has been made aware of and that may exist.  

Residents are encouraged to report their damages to the Texas Divisions of Emergency Management.  Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM) will conduct a damage assessment to determine the extent of damage and the resources needed for recovery. The assessment process covers public and private sectors, including residential properties like yours.

The key steps of the TDEM damage assessment process include pre-disaster planning, initial assessment, detailed assessment, documentation and reporting, and recovery and assistance. The information gathered from the assessment will be used to prioritize resources for those in need and determine the level of assistance required for recovery.

We encourage all Brushy Creek MUD community residents to complete this survey and familiarize yourself with the TDEM damage assessment process.

Downed Power Lines: 

Never approach, touch or attempt to move a downed power line or any object in contact with a power line. Contact with power lines can cause serious injury or even death.

If you see a downed power line:

  • Leave the area immediately. If a power line is completely down and sparking on the ground, or is laying on the house or has caused a fire in a tree, call 9-1-1.
  • You can also report downed power lines at 1-888-313-4747.

News Archives