Trash / Recycling Information : Trash Collection / Solid Waste
Trash Collection / Solid Waste
Solid Waste Service Provider
New Trash and Recycling Provider to Start in October 2020
Central Texas Refuse (formerly Round Rock Refuse) has been the successful bidder for consolidated solid waste (trash) and recycling services for all District residents since January 1, 1998. Central Texas Refuse (CTR) operates several trucks with Round Rock Refuse (RRR) and Cedar Park Refuse (CPR) logos on them. All District trash/recycling services are provided by Central Texas Refuse.
Please contact BCMUD Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-255 7871 with any questions or concerns.
Mandatory fees for trash pickup will appear on your monthly BCMUD Utility Bill. Trash pickup is automatic and billed in advance. New customers will be billed full or pro-rated charges for the previous month.
- Standard Service of 1 - 96 gallon trash cart and 1 - 96 gallon recycle cart is $21 per month.
- Each additional trash or recycling cart is $5 per month.
- Please use the Solid Waste/Recycle Request Form to request a change to your solid waste service.
Trash and Recycling pickup service occurs weekly on scheduled days shown below. Please have your cart to the curb by 7:00 am on your pickup day.
Brushy Creek South
Woods of Brushy Creek
|Brushy Creek North
The majority of Brushy Creek residents will have their trash cart picked up by an auto-lift trash truck.
- Please keep at least 3 ft of space on either side of your trash collection container.
(Make sure vehicles, mailboxes, trees, utility poles, and your recycling cart are 3 ft away)
- Do not place your trash cart under low hanging wires.
- Wheels-to-Curb. The wheels and handle of the cart should be facing your home.
Large Household Item Pickup
The District holds a Bulk Item Pick-Up Day each year with free pick up of acceptable items. Please contact Central Texas Refuse directly to schedule a special pickup other than the annual Bulk Item Pick-Up Day:
Central Texas Refuse
Please note: Central Texas Refuse may charge an additional fee for a special pickup.
Residents can leave up to 6 bags of yard waste at their curb each week. Bundles (cut & tied) of yard waste can also be left at the curb with the following restrictions:
- Each bundle (cut & tied) must be less than 25 pounds
- Maximum length of 4 feet
- Up to 4 inch diameter sticks
- Maximum of 6 bundles (cut & tied)
- Bundles (cut & tied) must be stacked next to the trash can